So, there are faithful readers out there...
So, I've found out that there are people out there who do read my blog. I have to satisfy the masses, can't stop blogging now! Lol...
Anyways, most of you probably got my email update and it mentioned looking for a job, possibly at Black's Photography. Well, for whatever reason (only God will know), I didn't get the job. It seems I was "not qualified" enough, despite my having two years of high school photography. In retrospect, I think high school experience from over five years ago doesn't really count, esp. if there's no evidence that I ever even dabbled in photography again after that, in the resume. He he. But I had been so excited about possibly working at Black's and was so psyched out about the job (and even had the guts to believe that I really would get the job), that when I got the bad news, my world came crashing down really hard. Well, okay, the world didn't end, but I was so disappointed that I felt like crying. I ended up feeling sad and sorry for myself for a few days. I've learned, again, not to put such high expectations into things/situations that are not even in stone; high expectations = hard, long-way-down fall. I'm usually pretty good at setting "neutral expectations" (if that term even exists) , but I guess everyone lets their guard down unintentionally, once in awhile.
With the lesson learned, I applied for several more jobs, but none of them worked out either. I'm sure God had better plans for me, because I ended up getting a job at a children's toy store downtown, called The Rocking Horse! How fun is that! I love children, and that translates into loving children's toys too. Turns out that my boss is Christian, and she is an exciting boss to work for. So if you're in the area, drop by, say hello, by some toys. We're already stocking the shelves for Christmas and we've got plenty of neat little stocking stuffers that are going fast. If you've got little cousins, nieces and nephews, sons and daughters, friend's kids...The Rocking Horse is the place to be. (Isn't that just the most subtle ad ever?)
Anyways, most of you probably got my email update and it mentioned looking for a job, possibly at Black's Photography. Well, for whatever reason (only God will know), I didn't get the job. It seems I was "not qualified" enough, despite my having two years of high school photography. In retrospect, I think high school experience from over five years ago doesn't really count, esp. if there's no evidence that I ever even dabbled in photography again after that, in the resume. He he. But I had been so excited about possibly working at Black's and was so psyched out about the job (and even had the guts to believe that I really would get the job), that when I got the bad news, my world came crashing down really hard. Well, okay, the world didn't end, but I was so disappointed that I felt like crying. I ended up feeling sad and sorry for myself for a few days. I've learned, again, not to put such high expectations into things/situations that are not even in stone; high expectations = hard, long-way-down fall. I'm usually pretty good at setting "neutral expectations" (if that term even exists) , but I guess everyone lets their guard down unintentionally, once in awhile.
With the lesson learned, I applied for several more jobs, but none of them worked out either. I'm sure God had better plans for me, because I ended up getting a job at a children's toy store downtown, called The Rocking Horse! How fun is that! I love children, and that translates into loving children's toys too. Turns out that my boss is Christian, and she is an exciting boss to work for. So if you're in the area, drop by, say hello, by some toys. We're already stocking the shelves for Christmas and we've got plenty of neat little stocking stuffers that are going fast. If you've got little cousins, nieces and nephews, sons and daughters, friend's kids...The Rocking Horse is the place to be. (Isn't that just the most subtle ad ever?)
